Many post-secondary institutions are rethinking their structure and supports so that more students graduate and do so on time. Promising approaches include:
- Get students off to a good start in the first year, encouraging all students to choose a major by the end of the first year and to develop an individual graduation plan.
- Create degree maps and pathways that help students visualize the path toward graduation, paired with intensive advising that keeps more students on track.
- Intervene quickly when students need support through “predictive analytics” technologies.
- Empower students to adjust their own pathways through college and into career.
- Use data about student needs to structure post-secondary offerings and resources in a way that meets those needs more effectively.
Download the white paper to learn how institutions can implement these approaches effectively.